Monday, December 15, 2008

The violinist


P's dream came true this Thanksgiving... he got the tiny Schultz violin that all of the Schultz kids played when they were just tots. He listened carefully to some pointers and set to serenading. Papa got his out too and then P changed his tune. He told me Papa's was "gooder." I told him I thought both he And Papa played beautifully. "No, Mama. Papa's sounds gooder, mine only squeaks." And really, nobody could argue with the kid, the tiny violin's sound just couldn't compete with the full sized version:) Ever the perfectionist, and wanting his to sound Amazing from the get go, he later bowed on Papa's as E created songs.

He did happily squeak on his for the rest of our trip though, mostly when no one was listening. My mom, however, had a real treat. She said he stood on her bed, singing Puff the Magic Dragon while happily bowing in rhythm. That's a performance I would have paid any price to see!

No comments: