Thursday, March 1, 2012

Discouraged


February is full on Spring here.  Which totally wigs me out!  Flowers in February???  Fifties too??  Typically, in NYC, I'm hardened to 30's and low 40's by the time March rolls around (those felt like warm reprieves;), hardened to the greys and blank brown tree trunks.   But after such a mild, green (flower!!) filled winter,  today's surprising chill has caught me by surprise.  But hibernating is nice, too:)

Less nice is Zia's skin.  Ugh, this is so discouraging.  Some reactions are so obvious, I know not to touch those foods (potatoes much?!  Milk much?)  But others are harder.  They take longer to show and then I'm left wondering whether it was Monday's new food or Friday's.  (I know, so slow the eff down, girl?!) I took back out tomatoes and sunbutter and she seemed to feel better. Rash improved, a titch.  Added in almonds.  (Yummmmmmmmmmmmmm.)  Rash got worse and spread.  Mucus in her poo.  She spent her nights clawing her face and crying.  Dropped almonds.  Maybe a slight improvement?  It stopped getting worse at least, but not good enough.  So I stepped back further, chocolate and eggs.  Still no dice.  Discouraging.  Maybe I'm expecting improvement too quickly.  I'm going to hold fort here, hoping time will tell.  At this point, I just want some gosh darn sleep and to just eat.  Ya know, just walk into the kitchen and just grab something.  Or, better yet, eat out :)  

Ah well, its just the tired talking.  Most days I see it as a blessing, something that is making me (and therefore Z) full of health.  

On a happier note, the girl grew hair!  (Have I blogged this already?)  The bald is being replaced by ever thickening bronze.  Its a very strange color.  And I think it will be wavy too.  

She is also moving around a crrrrazy amount.   Glorious baby days are really numbered now.  (Too soon, too soon.)  She bounces herself from a sitting position into a crawling position and rocks, ominously. She's taken a few tentative scoots forward and I'm eyeing sockets and cords quite seriously these days.  Baby-proofing is imminent (Legos?  I'm looking at You.)  Then, this morning, she grabbed ahold of two bars and pulled herself up to standing.  I know some mums get a big ol' kick outta their kids doing stuff early (like pulling to stand at freakin five months).  I am NOT one of those moms.  I very much want a prolonged baby phase here.  Sweet and snuggly.  And still.  Zia has other ideas.  

Along with the need to motor has come the grabbiest hands in the West.  And oh how she gets pissed when thwarted!  Too funny.  Once she grabs it, she wants it in her mouth.  All. the. time.  And will flail her hands around in search of something, anything, to grab and mouth whenever she drops a toy.   What else...  Oh, she took a bath the other day (a rarity;) and reeeeally liked it.  She found her splash ;)  And she initiates games.  She has quite the repertoire and they all make her smile and laugh.  But there is nothing she loves more than her brother.  Seriously.

Well, the damn rice is done.  Yum, sigh, yay;)


No comments: