Monday, March 5, 2012

Dagnabbit

Double dog drat. Zia had blood in her poo today, so something is definitely not working. She's had a lot of mucus in her poo the last few days, but I was hoping it was drool related. Honestly, she could have had a bit of blood for the last couple of days and I just didn't realize it because I've been nailing the ECing and catching her poos in the big potty. Today I missed one (right after she had just gone!) and it was obvious in her diaper :(. I'm feeling guilty for not nailing this down and messing her little system up.

Gawd knows why, but I listened to Superman, who insisted that eggs were safe. (This, from the man that still offers me butter.) So I had dropped the nuts, seeds, chocolate and nightshades buy kept in the eggs. I started with just a titch in baked goods, but have had them the last few mornings for breakfast. They may be the culprit. Or, it could be the cane sugar (the first time I've used sugar in 5 months) from those yuuuummy ginger snap cookies we had this week. Or it could be the beans I ate last night (I'd stayed away from beans for a bit because of the nut/legume connection.). But, of course, I don't know which it is, so I'll drop them all and wait a few weeks, again. Blech.

Poor, poor baby. She can't sleep because of her rash and her tummy troubles, so our nights are rough and her naps nonexistent the last few days. But she is suuuch a dear, I'm just head over heals. Holding her cuddly little body (she hugs me!) gives me the warm fuzzies :). And the love she shows for me surprises me every day.

Little Man is rocking a cold the last few days, playing it mellow. But when we do get out for our walks, his fingers are usually legs and he walks them on all of the moss covered stone walls in the neighborhood, mesmerized by the tiny ecosystems everywhere. Spring continues to make us all Very Happy here. The flowers blow me away!


No comments: