Saturday, March 31, 2012

Chocolate, soy, still searching...


Little Miss Z, truly trying to climb the stairs.  Patience does not seem to be her top virtue...  She is climbing up and over anything she can find.  Fortunately, the stairs are still too tall.

Just a food update.  I'm reeeeally spreading out my trials, so that it doesn't get all confused again.  Patience isn't really my top virtue either, but the disappointment/frustration that ensues when I have to drop multiple foods nudges me towards a slower speed ;)  I've looked into allergy testing for Z, but the numbers aren't so hot on the false positives, and I don't want to limit us where its not necessary.  All of my research says elimination diets are the only accurate way to go, so...  on we march.  Slowly;)

So, eggs are definitely out.  But chocolate is in.  Gluten is still good.  Strawberries are good!  Lemon is fine, so I'm hoping that means citrus in general is a go.   And after a week of testing, I'm feeling pretty sure almonds are good, too!  Super exciting.  Looks like the eggs were messing with the almonds test.  It seems strange to me that seeds (sunflower and sesame) would be out but nuts may be possible, since it was the exact opposite for P. But I'll take it!  

My favorite treat (for, ya known when I watch the boys eat pizza or popcorn or cheese or pastries or crepes or...;) is: Coconut milk "ice"cubes, frozen strawberries, a date and some fortified rice milk in the blender.  Its like a strawberry shake (which I've never particularly even liked, but is now the bee's knees:)  

Our new test is soy.  I'm trying by taking my vitamin each morning, which has fermented soy in it.  I've developed an eye twitch, which is either from a vitamin deficiency or home-buying stress... so I figured the vitamin was probably the next best test :)  So far, her skin and bum are clear!  She has been super grumpy though, sleeping horribly, (or, more specifically, not sleeping;) and I kept reminding myself not to give up without physical proof.  Glad I didn't bail, her very first tooth finally broke surface today! (Like I mentioned before with her cold, the child does not seem to like physical discomfort, of any level :)  She has been Very, Very Grumpy.  However, when I give her the homeopathic remedy for teething, she actually smiles and laughs.  Each time.  Apparently, it really helps.  Another few days and I'll give soy sauce a run...






No comments: