Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Wowsah, kinda weird:)

Ok, I gotta admit, Zia is kinda blowing us away ;). I know doing stuff "early" means absolutely zilch and they're all on the same page at the age of two, blahblahblah... but that knowledge isn't stopping my surprised look.

Like tonight, when she asked to nurse and we went to cuddle on the lounge. She started looking over my shoulder out the window and grinning and laughing. It was cute so I started giggling. Then she raised her hand, waved and said "hi.".

Coincidence. Obviously. But I looked out the window just in case ;). Just in time to see our neighbor on his balcony wave at her and smile.

On the way to the playground 10 minutes later? Wave and "hi" to the passerby-s. Hmm. Insert surprised face ;)

Then, at the playground, a little friend of P's gave Zia a mini soccer ball to play with. She picked it up and carried it around. Then sat it down and dribbled it across the playground. Fer realz.

Of course, she has to wave "bye-bye" to everyone she interacts with, too. Which, seriously, is a normal, easily picked up skill. IF you've been coached a bit. True to form, she just started doing it, unprompted, a couple of weeks ago.

Its like she totally remembers her last go here and is just picking up where she left off. Honestly, its a little weird.

But occasionally cute ;). When we were walking home with my mom last week, a party's music caught Z's attention and she stopped in her tracks and started dancing. Right there on the sidewalk. And then it was all we could do to get her to head home. She just kept going the other way, totally pied pipered by the party.

She is nine freaking months. I wanna be one of those preening, proud mama hens that prides herself and her gene pool. Instead, I'm the mama at the park looking longingly at the sweet babe stuck on her blanket by her perfectly, developmentally appropriate inability... while Zia tries to climb a chain link fence with the big kids.

She better be the cuddliest little toddler you've ever met, cuz I don't think my mother could handle me going through labor again and I'm bound and determined to get more baby snuggles before 40!!!!

At least Phoenix finds it full-on fabulous. He is So Proud of her, it just bursts out of him when he shows her off. The fact that she'll play tag and train with him these days only elevates her in his infinite esteem :). And in those minutes, when they are circling the table, giggling wildly together, I'm (briefly) happy she's so capable;). And at least she cuddles while she sleeps ;)



No comments: