Tuesday, August 4, 2009

You scream, we scream....

I wha??


In Kansas, P and I uneartherd my mixer and gave our new ice cream attachment a whirl. The little man was beside himself trying to wait for a whole TWENTY minutes while the machine did its magic. Poor E was beside himself seeing a batch of homemade ice cream and knowing it would crash him, hard.

So tonight, after a little research and a co-op purchase of xylitol, we made a batch of low-glycemic, home made, strawberry ice cream. Once again, the little man could hardly wait the full 20 :) But this time, Papa got a big bowl too....

(By the way, if you wanna make some ice cream without the ills of sugar, xylitol worked great! When I first started researching it, I didn't understand why the world was coated in cane sugar instead of this birch bark stuff. Then I saw the price tag. Ouch!!! But, its good for our teeth, won't crash E (or mess with P's or my blood sugar level :) and supposedly has other health bonuses too.... I dunno, but it tasted good! Here's the recipe (using stevia instead of xylitol) if this post has made you hungry and you now find yourself reaching for your ice cream machine :)

No comments: