Sunday, May 24, 2009

The collector


As if shells, rocks and whatnot weren't enough, the child has found something else he wants to collect : hats. He's so in love with his fedora and tam that he wants to expand his "collection." Yesterday, he set his sights on a bowler hat for a buck at a stoop sale. Of course, he calls it alternately a "bullet" or "boulder" hat :)

I read a mainstream article recently about toys (speaking of an ever growing collection!) It was a pretty scathing review on anything electric that has one solid purpose (think Tickle me Elmo), relying heavily on the "my kid loved the box it came in the most!" refrain. It was fairly preaching to the choir here :) but I was struck by this theme as I watched P play with his hat, er, ball, er magic trickster, er boat for BB, er frisbee, er.....

No comments: