Friday, August 10, 2012

She's kinda a mess...

Zia is.... the word fierce keeps coming to mind :). Possibly a side effect of having a big bro that is all over you? Some say its the red hair :). I dunno, but she has some Super Shrieks :). Holy. Cow.

She knows Exactly what she wants and she is Pissed Off when she can't have it. I keep asking E, "did this happen with P??". I mean, I remember the disappointed tears over electrical cords with him, but Z is a whole nuther level of drama. (The face flop on the floor being my particular favorite:).

And, unlike my memories of P, perhaps because we could more easily (as adults only) create a "yes atmosphere," the frustrations feel pretty constant. Its a torrent of "what's that? what's that?" Too quickly followed by "I want that.". If she would just stop eating everything, possibilities would open up ;).

I think a larger vocabulary would help too. Right now, so much mouth real estate is devoted to... the freakin cat (who Zia loves to tackle and rub her bare belly on! poor kitty...). She says, "Danda, kitty cat" all day. And if she sees a dog? "Kitty cat!". lol. She started meowing back at the cat when the cat talks, too. "Mowww, Owww," she says when she hears the o
(obnoxiously loud) cat start begging for dinner (shortly after breakfast.) Yes, more *useful* words will probably help :).

(as far as useful (to me, of course;). I'm sure meowing is infinitely useful to her;) words go, she uses Mama, miii (milk), mmm (for food), bra-bra (for brother/Phoenix), Papa, and signs more and down. "What's that," however, is The Most Used phrase on the earth right now:)

But until she stops beavering the world, I'll try and hide my face as I laugh my butt off at all of the baby drama. (She even has a fake cry. Like, full on fake - ahh wahhh - and as she drops her head back for it - she often even laughs at herself. Girl's got a goooood sense of humor at least ;)

Below, Picture of her happily feeding herself - aka making an amazing mess. Because if I try to help? Face flop. And listening to Papa play. (The dancing gets me almost as much as the fave flop. She seriously channels a ballerina already, running back and forth with little attempted leaps, bouncing in her little super-thighs pliƩ , and, as of this week, twirling in circles (yes, she gets dizzy and falls:). Folksy finger picked pieces aren't her thing, E has to strum it out (not really his thing;). The band that plays in the basement across the street, more Cuban Rumba than Cat Stevens, seems to be her true muse :)

And what of the Little Man? He's terribly busy (when he's not teasing his sister. sigh.) anticipating Grandpapas arrival. So Excited :)

No comments: