Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Narnia


P's love of stories has expanded to longer and longer books of late. I think it really began with his adoration of the Hugo Cabret book Aunt Alicia gave him. The more developed characters suit his personality well - even if much is still lost on his young mind. So we began the Narnia series last month. I was extremely excited (as much as I love a good picture book I've been having book withdrawals lately with no time to read myself!) and also a little apprehensive that without pictures he would lose interest, thereby dooming future reads. Alas, there was no reason to worry...

After zooming through almost the entire second book (the most riveting, really, so I thought we'd start strong and go back from there) P insisted on our next library trip that we get all Seven books in the series. Then he spent days showing BB his stack "of big boy books, BB, pwobably too big for you, but I Love them." I'm not sure where the "big boy" designation came from (we are strictly non-agist around here :)but upon check out he told me he was nervous he wasn't allowed to check out a "big boy book." "Are they for grown ups, Mama, or for little guys?" I reassured him the series was for all ages that were interested, but he still translated that into BB being too "wittle" :)

Above, E caught us in bed on my birthday, starting yet another in the series...

No comments: