Friday, October 17, 2008

Dragonflies on Friday




After a long playdate with an overly tired Malek and an overly grabby Phoenix, we landed in the park, alongside hundreds of dragonflies. From afar, they were just a haze of movement. Birds? Bats? Up close they were just beautiful, despite the shoddy pictures. P and I plopped down in the grass below them and watched in amazement. I swear, every time we leave the house there are bountiful biology lessons to be had. He asks millions of questions and forms hypotheses for each answer I lack. Later, we google and revise, or not, if he's really attached to his fabulous fantasy :)

Eventually we saw a homeschooling kid from acrobatics class wander past. He and his mom stopped to chat and snack. The kid was grabby with P's stuff and I figured P'd had about enough "sharing" for the day, so I quietly offered a bike ride down the hill. Nope, he wanted to stay! His acceptance of peers is growing....

After they left we lay in the grass and I rang my dad for his birthday. P snapped his bike helmet on BB and entertained himself by checking the solidity of said helmet. For my entire phone call he slammed Baby Brother's head into the dirt, chuckling.

No comments: