Friday, April 20, 2012

Aaaaaalmost there...


P is so pleased she's growing!  He wanted me to document how big her feet are compared to his hand :)

Closing on this house is draaaaaaagging on for forever!  The Little Man is being So Patient (erm, doing better than the grown-ups, really;)  But he's ready.  He keeps packing boxes.  I suggested (strongly;) the contents be categorized, so hopefully they won't be too painful to unpack. Its mostly just his stuff anyway:)

Zia is so crazy active that, actually, I may just have to have P pack it all.  She is into Everything.  Those damn electrical cords are gonna do me in. Come to think of it, moving is actually happening at an ideal time, as I can line the walls (and thereby block off the plugs and cords) with boxes.  But she is so freakin determined that she stands on her tip toes and eyes them and screeeeeams.  Silly baby.

And I'm having a hard time making sure everything is baby-proof with all of the packing and stuff moving around.  Seems like the floor is always covered in toys.  Stuff she grabs and strews around.  P is being positively magical about keeping the Legos up (and freaks if he drops one and can't find it), but somehow, someway, something is always on the floor.  As I washed dishes yesterday I watched her lick and suck on what I thought was a black Brio train.  She seemed to lick it in a really strange way.  I dunno, it was just different.  E came walking through and I asked him to check if something was up with the train.  Um.  Make that a freakin 9 volt battery.  E licked it to test... yup.  Nice and charged.  Silly baby.  Bad mommy...  If this child survives this move I'll be very pleased.

And especially pleased to be somewhere where there are doors between her and the stairs.  As I washed dishes (a different time) yesterday, P took the iPad playing music up the stairs.  Just to see if he could lure her.  Me, thinking there was no way in hell her short little baby legs could make it, practically ignored the situation.  Until she was a few stairs up.  Wow. This whole post is starting to read like a cry for CPS...  I really am very vigilant.  Promise.

At any rate. the Little Man is thrilled that The Frog (as he calls her.  She looks Exactly like a baby frog when she moves.) is so playful (as long as he isn't busy doing something else, of course;)  He drags her around by her feet.  Lays on the ground to let her amble over him.  Crawls in a moving box and sticks toys out the holes (we kept last year's boxes, so they are well loved by now and will finish their life in our garden this year) to taunt her.  He is totally ready for her to be BIG.

And it is kinda nice now that she is getting just a titch more capable, more communicative. She crawls over to me and sticks her little arms up to be lifted.  She's more obvious about wanting a snack than just random crying.  She's even started switching sides herself as she nurses if she's still hungry, rather than me just having to guess (since she eats sooo often (every two hours my ass) sometimes its just a little snack, sometimes she chows - and its hard for me to know which!) She's cruising around the house on her tiny toes and standing on her own every once in a while when she needs both of her hands for something.  She still likes to taste, well, lick, foods, but isn't so sure about eating anything.  P purchased some baby food for her and adored sticking into her mouth.  Her, not so much.  However, she had a Blast making a mess mouthing a banana yesterday...

Hmm, just realizing she just turned 7 months.  So I guess this is my 7th month post!  I love this age, it is So Sweet.  I love this baby :)  Must get video up of her chasing P.  But that catnap is Over!

1 comment:

A said...

haha! i think sucking a 9-volt battery is a part of childhood. i remember doing it (tastes just like black olives - probably the reason i didn't to eat black olives through my childhood!) we cannot wait to watch her grow and play with her and p again!