Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Tidbits

I plugged my phone in to charge and realized I have some pics on it...

The drive back through the Gorge from Lost Lake.  E and I just can't get used to the natural beauty here...

The Little Man, enjoying the view, playing with shadows (or something - honestly, who knows what the 6 year old is thinking here!:)

He catches me catching him and gives me his fierce look :)

I heart Oregon!

We picked a couple zucs the other day and left the plant alone for 3 days.  Went back and holy moly - this is what we found.  In just three days the babies had grown to giants.  I can't wait to slice them into zuc chips and dehydrate them tomorrow!

P was pretty impressed with our accidental monstrosities.

As we got dinner together tonight, P busied himself, first in the garden and then in the cabinet and then arranged this as our centerpiece.  I love fresh flowers and he was pretty pleased with himself.  He explained his Master Plan for centerpiece design when his Aunt and Uncle come for their visit this weekend :)


And three little tidbits.  As I was brushing my teeth this morning, P lay on the floor, singing a song to BB.  I couldn't make it all out, but I heard the refrain of, "Two of my favorite things in the world, dear BB, is my baby sister and mama's neeneeeeee."  Hhahahahahaah.

And Ethan, upon seeing me Saturday morning, (I swear, he concentrates so hard on his work all week that he doesn't actually "see" us sometimes until the weekend!) blurted out, "Wow - you're HUGE!"  Yes, he tried to cover it.  Yes, he tried to make it sound sweet.  But, well :)

It wasn't anything new, really, Phoenix tells me how enormous my belly is.  Daily :)   This morning's revelation.  "Mama!  I know why your belly is soooo sooo big!"  And here he came up to me and swept his sweet little hand down my sore, swayed back.  "Because part of your back has disappeared into it!"   Oh. my. gawd.  I love kids!

1 comment:

A said...

Omy P is adorable! I'm laughing from his tidbits! Those zucchinis look FANTASTIC!

Can't wait to see your baby belly! I think the pregnant belly is absolutely beautiful, and I'm sure it looks adorable on you with our first niece inside ;)

2 more days!! I feel giddy with excitement (so much so it reminds me of my old childhood excitement!)