Sunday, August 7, 2011

Insanely Excited


Its finally arrived.  Uncle Seth's and Aunt Alicia's visit.  P knew they were flying in Friday night (post bedtime) and that he would see them Saturday morning.  What did this mean (beyond an hourly countdown for the last week)?

It meant rolling around in bed, attempting to get to sleep for over an hour.

Then, it meant waking up at 2 AM and rolling around, unable to sleep until 7 AM.  Then a light doze for 2 and a half hours and the declaration that he couldn't possibly consider staying in bed another second :)

When he got up, he counted his hours.  3 + 2 1/2 = 5 1/2.  He figured this sufficient ;)  Then he provided me with his theory on why the night had been so terribly difficult.

"What it was, Mama, is I don't think I was adequately hydrated and so my eyes were dry and they kept popping open.  I just couldn't even keep them closed!"

I was going to go with plain ol' excited, but I like his explanation better :)

1 comment:

Dina said...

Love him!!! Hope you're enjoying the visit.