Monday, June 13, 2011

Climber


When P was a toddler and felt nervous, he would scale our bodies and land on our heads.  Seriously!  Climbing has always been something he just does.  He automatically monkeys his way through the world, clambering to the tops of everything.  I had to laugh as I looked in on him and E this weekend.  There was E, crouched down, attempting to figure some origami something or other for P, with P lounging at the very top of E, dangling at a weird angle.  E, super-papa that he is, is unbelievably tolerant of being scaled.  But I know it alarms lots of people.  A small child, tottering at the top of walls and such.  But after living with it for six years, it seems so everyday, that the (seemingly) inevitable hospital run is just part of the parenting mindset and is typically shoved aside....  I mean, he climbs the wall while I brush my teeth, climbs the stairway banister while I cook our lunch, walks the porch railing while we chat with the neighbor and... then today, comes in to tell me he was exploring... the roof.   I tried to patiently tell him that was beyond even my comfort level.   He was miffed, but compliant :)

I've got to find my camera battery charger, relying on my phone is getting old ;)  So, these are hard to read, but here is P, entertaining himself while I do the dishes...


(Then he, literally, said, "Look, Mama!  No hands!"  hardiharhar)

The dismount.

1 comment:

A said...

That really is fantastic. It makes me wonder if I was ever able to do that (definitely couldn't now!) Love the "No hands" one! :)