Saturday, October 3, 2009

An art filled day






The Little Man, waiting on line to see an installation.


Last weekend Dumbo had open art studios. P was game, so we went to see the world of my past life....

We chose the biggest warehouse and wandered through all of the studios. E grinned at me while I sniffed the paint, dust, clay, leather... The air itself made me smile :) The Little Man was smiling too, he had found something to collect. Most artists had a stack of postcard of their work, free for the taking. So P set to collecting his faves, truly gleeful. The kid cracks me up.

After doing three floors and countless studios, E and I were done, while the Little man was happy to keep going :) We headed to an installation piece E wanted to show me, a beauty so fine we had to wait on line! It was worth the chilly delay, but alas, could not be photographed, so you'll have to just imagine a room full of red tissue paper trees and caves, curling and rolling. P loved it, loudly declaring we should makes some at home :)

Heading home on the F:

No comments: