Saturday, September 8, 2012

Not back to school

We hit the Not Back To School party at Oak's Amusement again this year. It was fun to see the difference a year made. I was a week-ish away for
popping last year (and crazy miserable in the heat/concrete!). This year I had an extra kiddo that was pretty enthralled with watching the rides... and running around. Seeing her tinyness zooming about while large groups of children wove their way around her - totally conjured up the Lion King stampede scene for me. Eek! But everyone was so careful and sweet:)

But the biggest change was for P. As soon as we walked in, a friend grabbed him and invited him to join him for a ride. More friends found him and his group grew and grew and grew. They were all so sweet, compromising on rides and who wanted to do what. He had a blast :).

I can't even begin to explain how thankful I am for the welcoming homeschooling community here. Just the community in general, I guess? P goes to the playground at the end of the street almost every day (with E while I do dishes) and comes back with tales of all his friends, new and old. He feels So loved here. I *loved* the anonymity of NYC when I moved there. But with kids, the needs are different I guess :)



No comments: