Friday, May 18, 2012

Stairs: not heaven

The stars aligned today and Zia accepted E's invite for a walk, giving me the chance to finally scrub the stairs. HOLY COW. I love this old flight that runs up the back of the house, round and round and round, bottom to top. But it had been used as the access stairway for the attic tenant, an indoor sidewalk if you will, rather than a home's staircase to the yard. As such, it was So Freaking Dirty it made me squee. I mean, it's Portland, for gawd's sake, we see a little rain and mud :).

How dirty you ask? Two stairs and the water was Black kinda dirty. I had to Triple wash the entire case on my hands and knees. That's an entire (large) bottle of Murphy's Oil Soap and two sponges, for those planning the same fun afternoon.

Were I totally neurotic, I'd wash it all a fourth time. But Zia couldn't stand another second, so I'll do that last
run in another few days ;) The good new: the stairs almost shine. The bad news: this only serves to highlight how filthy the walls are... We have projects coming outta our ears here! But we're both kinda lovin it:)


No comments: