Monday, May 9, 2011

Head West Young Man...

P and I walked out our door and flew away from Brooklyn today.

This followed a frenzy filled weekend of packing (so much for starting early;)during which the poor child felt massively ignored. After, of course, getting over a day of misery and fever:). And despite this, and a few tears concerning trash vs packable , the kid was a super champ. Under-nourished by our empty fridge, under-rested with the flurry of it all, and seriously lacking in toys and time... the child rearranged ratchet sets, shredded miles of paper bills and just generally toughed it out. He was so happy to see his extended family for a bit Sunday night for some attention that I'm guessing he was... a disaster while they hung out... but I was busy boxing, so I'll just pretend it went well :)

And after weeks of looking forward to this day, I found our last hectic moments and final cab ride through our hood bittersweet. I loved living in Brooklyn. And loved our friends and neighbors. Fortunately, the child seemed solid, even unconcerned, and has settled in nicely tonight at our intermittent home. Here's hoping E's exodus tomorrow is painless :)

And last but not least, to all of our dear friends who have written in the last few days... I'll save my typing of replies until my computer is up and running again- cuz this bit of phone pecking just officily ran me towards the loony bin ;)

1 comment:

A said...

Oooo I miss you guys already! I think I'm in a bit of denial - like I'll see you guys this weekend or maybe the next... I didn't actually see your apartment COMPLETELY EMPTY! Of course not, that was just a weird dream!

Hope you and P are relaxing with friends!!