Thursday, April 23, 2009

Scootin' in the City



P spent last Saturday doing what he loves most: hanging with E and I, Seth and Alicia. We planned to scoot the west side to the southern tip and hop the ferry... but we were on Saturday Time. So, we mosied west, ate, bought some chocolates :) and then started south by scooter. It was sixty degrees and pure perfection.

P is in top form when he hangs out with a few close, Adult, friends. (We had a social circle of wee ones yesterday - post forthcoming - and a very tired P enjoyed himself Much Less :) Unfortunately, his devotion to Uncle Seth frequently finds him climbing all over the guy - vague proximity isn't quite enough. We're working on helping our little Active Alert understand bodily boundaries, but its a looooong process :)



P finds a "pirate ship," treasure chest and all:



We didn't make it too far south before we landed on an old pier area - a great slab of concrete that hung out over the water, just begging to be played on. The Kansan in me saw the strange urban-ness of my child spending a lovely spring Saturday sans grass. But P didn't notice anything except Jersey. He found Uncles Shane and Tom's building and then proceeded to make plans to Swim the channel, British style. He would climb on my back and I would swim. We could drag our scooters under the water with a rope, tied to me. I told him it sounded like fun (validating generally being the best way to imagine with P) and he pushed me towards the cement retaining wall with a "Jump!" D'oh :) I told him I'd need to exercise a bit first, the scooters might weigh me down. No problem, he proceeded to wrangle Alicia into the plan, would she carry the scooters?

P, trying to seal the deal



We scootered, skated, chatted and watched the boats go by. It was a lovely time, of which I have few photos. Aunt Alicia, though, has some Amazing (and I mean Amazing!!!) shots of our day. So, please, ignore the rest of my dull post and proceed to her blog here. Ok, I'm linking you to her general blog site, not the day specific ones for two reasons. First, her photos are so great, you shouldn't miss any (even if P isn't in them:) and second, if you hurry, the top is a photo of P and I! I know, that Never happens. If I die, the child will actually have more than three photos of himself and his mother :) There is also the most awesome photo of E and P, E looking like a total stud :) So, go and scroll! (Alright, for future ease, once those posts are buried amongst her other brilliant photos, I'll do a link :) So go here and here)

We eventually moved from our slab southward to a spot of green, where we collapsed to chill, yet again :) Parting ways till another day, P was moved to share some of his chocolates with his favorite people. He picked green balls (green being Aunt Alicia's favorite color) and pink hearts (sign of love to all) and started piling it on. Then he switched to silver stars, shouldnt' they all be shiny? Then he switched some more. Then he started adding more and more to their hands, trying to keep it even between the two. As the sly foxes got up to go, they sweetly slid most of the candy back into the little man's bag. We also packed up and then headed for food. As we sat down (at a really fun little mexican restaurant that had shiny stuff hanging from the ceiling - thrilling P to no end!), P opened his chocolates and turned to me. "Why they no take their candy?" My answer of "because they love you so much" left him bewildered, but satisfied nonetheless :)

The candy man:

No comments: