Saturday, February 14, 2009

Candy Shop


A couple of weeks ago E and I were chatting about headlines (a rare opportunity) as we pushed P on his swing (E) and did the dishes (me). (As an aside, can I just say how much I LOVE having a swing in the kitchen? Now the little man can throw himself about, bouncing and twirling to his heart's content, while he tells me stories and chats. Before, the stories were there, but the physical element was lacking, leaving him to head butt me from behind as I scrubbed or climb the counters in search of physical stimulation. Now he is satisfied on all levels and the cooking and cleaning is so much easier that way!) Our conversation turned to mercury in high fructose corn syrup. P's super sonic bat ears were apparently on high alert because he quizzed me mightily the following day. He was really worried that poisons were hidden in his foods :( I reassured him he was healthy and our foods were safe, but he was aghast that suspicious chemicals could even make it into his food supply :) The conversation carried on for quite a while until P had asked all of his questions... and then he started problem solving. He decided to not purchase any deli candies, only healthy candies without chemicals, just to be safe :) So we got online to order from our favorite natural candy shop and he picked some substitutes. After their arrival, P poured his precious cargo onto the floor and set up a candy shop for BB. His displays were meticulously arranged and the monster was thrilled :) Its been over a week now, and the concern about HFCS has now been usurped by eye worries. He wears his sunglasses religiously outdoors. He informs me of every twitch, rub or blink. And as soon as it gets dark he starts verbally dreading his drops. If only the solution for his eye were as simple as his mercury avoidance plan!

No comments: