Saturday, December 8, 2012

Thanksgiving and too much fun



Without my father's email reminders ("Red, your last blog was over two weeks ago, Daddy.") and all the fun we've been busy having, I'm falling behind here! So here's a quick (my posts are never quick, are they:) catch-up for the last, er, month...

The flight here... well, we survived :). The kids quickly switched time zones and Z settled into her new home without much drama. P, of course, was so relieved to see his grandparents it was heart wrenching.

Tgiving was all good. We had E's family at lunch and mine at dinner and felt, again, incredibly lucky that holidays are so easy with our fams. I wondered how P would share attention with Z this year, now that she can play games and such, but he was fab, often instigating her inclusion. And then, when he didn't want her, well, he was very clear about that ;). But with our fams, there's always plenty of Aunts and Uncles to go around ;). P's play is finally settling down a bit. I mean, there's still plenty of the wrestling his Uncles started him on as a baby, but it was mixed in with games of chess and chit-chat. Z, typically the party girl, seemed slightly mellow with all of the mayhem. Miss Chatterbox barely said a word, choosing to watch for a change.

And the food. I was über excited to eat and eat and eat this year after just apples last time, but was surprised to find how limited I still was with the traditional dishes. (It was still easier ;). I had desperately grabbed some Chipoltle (my very first cheat in over a year!) a few days before (hey - they say au natural!;) and Z was quickly covered in a head to toe rash and misery, so I tried to be pretty good Tday to make up for that ;). My mom was incredibly thoughtful in her preparations and Z and I feasted for dinner at the loveliest table I've ever seen.

I'm going to split the pics up into lots of separate posts or, looking at all of the pics that are queuing up here, this could get silly long. There's not really any pics of Tgiving - I was busy actually interacting with everyone (it is SO GOOD to see family when we are home!!!) that the phone didn't come out that much.  The rest of our visit has been ridiculously documented though ;)







1 comment:

A said...

I knew your father did a good job of keeping you posting (I appreciate him, even though so much of what happens now I know about since we live so close I still love your posts...) I considered taking over his job while you have been home!!! Luckily you haven't left me completely clueless since I've been kept updated with instagram :) Otherwise, you might have been getting some reminders from me instead of your dad! ;) so happy to see you guys are having such fun!