Thursday, August 19, 2010

Follow me....


We had a lovely, misty day this week, a rare treat amidst the extreme heat.  The kid and I giddily donned long sleeves and ambled about in the fields on wheels.  He's really digging his pedal bike.  And even getting into some bike maintenance (this rusty beauty has a trick pedal that the kid seems to feel very manly fixing :)  And since it was too cool to swim, we rode bikes with E that evening, too!


Mr. Fixit.


So I got a little action on film.  There are some misty splatters occasionally... but it was such a lovely light rain!!!  And I just had to attach this song by Mr.  Johnnie D. to something on the kid's blog.  At night, as we cuddle to sleep, the child tells me his thoughts and asks questions.   We've been apart a lot more this trip than every before.  Often, by his design (say, when its tired time and he decides he needs some "alone time" with Grams.  A Lot of alone time... Like, I'll just see you tomorrow, Mama, we're going to stay up all night kinda alone time!)  Sometimes, not by his design.  And then he tells me just how he feels about that (despite the huge amounts of fun procured, which seems to be a totally separate issue ;)  And, I swear to gawd, "Follow Me" would be his Mama ballad.  Scratch any romantic implications that Denver intended, and the words are all the Little Man....  


1 comment:

Jodi said...

somehow you manage to make me laugh and cry! sweet laughter and sweet tears. ;-) xox