Friday, June 18, 2010

Pooping Diamonds

Out of nowhere, the five year old says to me:

"I poop diamonds and burp butterflies." Downbeat. Grin.

I really like five. Despite the questionable prominence of the word "poop" that has arrived on the scene. Seems everything is funnier with the word "butt" or "poop" in it. Honestly, I had figured that was a schooled thing. A learned thing. Picked up from older sibs or classroom antics. Umm, nope. Poop is, apparently, inherently, funny. At least to this five year old boy :)

A few minutes later he asked, "Mama, could we do that? Could we take a picture and make it look like I'm pooping diamonds and eating rainbows? I could sit just like this [and he sat cross legged] and you could make it look like I'm pooping diamonds and eating rainbows with your computer or camera...."

I wish I were that technical.

The child, though, he's the creative one. On a hot day last week, he took to the tub to get cool. Carting one of his favorite pieces of wood towards the bath, I followed, curious. He wedged it across the tub, tentatively toed it to test for solidity... and grinned hugely when it held him. Insta-diving board. Fun ensued.

No comments: