Friday, April 18, 2008

Belvedere Castle



P Loves the idea of castles. I don't think he really "gets" what a castle is all about, but we call the building in his playroom a castle. And, of course, Cinderella goes to the castle :) There is also the much loved sand castle, and the entire idea of a dragon filled moat.

Anyway, when we mentioned going to Belvedere Castle last weekend he was pretty stoked. Who was Belvedere? Why did he build a castle? Was there a dragon filled moat? The interior was closed due to the late hour, but P happily hopped amongst the rocks asking castle questions. And this got me wondering, once again, are we just stupid parents? Or do you just not realize how little your folks know when you are three because you know even less? I wonder this because it seemed like my parents always knew the answers, and E's dad Certainly always knows some amazing answers. Meanwhile, E and I seem to say "ummm, let's google that" an awful lot...

But I digress, again. P loved the castle. And then he banged his head on the hill as we headed home.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cool castle! I loved (actually still present tense!) them as a kid too. Didn't get to see many in Wichita! When we visit I'd like to see this one!