Saturday, February 16, 2008

Friday at the Transit Museum


We met some playgroop buddies at the Transit Museum Friday. P adores these kids, despite the fact that he generally requires surgical attachment to my hand to interact with them :) A couple of other kids in his Tuesday group are on the young side too and they keep tabs on their mamas too, so I have hope this is a normal stage and I won't accompany him to college. I remember him at not yet 2, running through the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens. He was a dasher back then, not to mention having perfected the idea of continuous motion. Off he trotted, into the sunset. E and I looked at each other and dove behind a tree. Occasional peeks from our hiding space showed no signs of his pace slowing (this is a fully fenced facility, for my devoted readers (all 3 of you) who may be worrying). Ethan finally raced off to keep the kid from visiting Jersey on his own. Fast forward a year and, well, at least there isn't any dangerous dashing :)

The dialogue from the below video (one devoted reader has hearing difficulties (hi mom!)):
P: Mama, get in this bus (I'm apparently past the 5 inches in social situations rule)
M: Are you driving it? (Validating distraction)
P: I'm not... Sir, what do you want? (strokes the bus) What do you want sir? (One of his favorite games on the bus, he sells ice cream out the side window.

No comments: