Friday, November 11, 2011

Freakshow flyers...



I'm going to try a post from my phone since my computer is officially a glorified white noise machine these days (there is no room on my lap for a sleeping baby (yes, she is even held while she's asleep:) And a laptop. So bear with my clumsy thumb...

It's been a long week. E has been working around the clock and Zia is still a hot mess. I've dropped more foods and am hoping to figure our her food triggers soon. Sleep is in short supply this week, and I caught myself dreamily thinking (during an unusually painful bout of heart-wrenching screams) that if I subsisted on air, maybe she wouldn't cry anymore.... Then I realized logic has officially left the building:).

But a few rainbows: By this point with Phoenix, I was totally overwhelmed with the constant needs, the lack of brushed teeth, the lack of sleep. This time, though Zia is in my arms a good 23 hours s day (no joke - maybe she's crying cuz she's tired of me ;) I am still really happy to hold her sweet little body. (Though the bouncing does get old on these old knees:). And, maybe its eating these crazy few simple foods, but the lack of sleep, though removing logical thinking, isn't too bad, either. Yesterday, as I bounced Z while making (separate, of course;) food for P and I and playing with the Little Man at the same time, I actually laughed at how hard I thought it was the first time :). But it's easier just because she isn't my first :)

Long story short: I'm PETRIFIED to fly this freakshow cross country so soon. Were it not the only time all of our families gather in one location, there is no way we'd be doing this. I, quite literally, fear being stoned to death or thrown from the plane (stones being in short supply at altitude) by fellow travelers. Seriously. I think of canceling the trip daily. And until the hatch door is sealed, I reserve the right to bolt. The image of her melting down and me not allowed to stand and bounce her... it gives me hives. This could be some serious sort of ugly...

But, on a lighter note:). P came running up to me this week:
P:Mama, I just got the blind mouse thing!
Me: wha?
P: The blind mouse thing - I just got it! (big grin)
Me: wha? Umm... Tell me more...
P: they're blind! they cut off their tails! (insert blank look from me (hey - I'm sleep deprived here!). Get it? they were chasing the farmer's wife, but since they couldn't see what they were doing, they cut off THEIR tales!

oh Em Gee. He hated that rhyme when he was little. Now I know why! Seemed like a senseless blood bath... until he got the irony of it all:)

And That is what I'm hoping for when we fly. What may seem like a bloodbath (you think I jest - that I exaggerate - hahahahahahaha) will eventually be a good laugh. Pu-leaze Universe?

1 comment:

A said...

Don't BACK OUT!! ;) We are sending wishes out into the universe for smooth flying & a smiling Miss Z (like her photos shown above...)

I love when kids come to a realization and understanding of stories!!

PS: Have I told you how excited we are to see you guys!!! About a week and half more & trust me, we are COUNTING DOWN!