Saturday, July 11, 2009

The little man all grown up...


Above, P, at one and a half


P just said to me:
"I used to play with those all the time when I was a kid."

:)

And just a few weeks ago he stopped on the street and said to me:

"Mama, I really feel like a grown up already. I think I might be. There are small sized grown ups you know."

And then I see him squeal in delight when he puts a cicada shell on his Grams' leg and think, yah, almost kid :)

And then, as we sat in bed tonight, he tells me how he felt today when circumstances found him with his father, grandfather and Uncle on an adventure, sans Mama:

"I wasn't very happy Mama. I was very happy for you, in my heart, that you could do what you needed to do. But I was also sad, for me, that we weren't together. And I was angry, and sad, and let all of that out in tears. I had so many tears - they filled my body! And then I had a good adventure, but my heart was still sad since I wasn't with you."

Procrastinating sleep, he rambled quite a bit more on the subject, which was precious to hear. And, despite the tears that his Mama wasn't with him (not typically an adult response :) it all sounded very grown up to me, if I may say so myself.

1 comment:

Tim said...

Oh my goodness, what a sweetheart your boy is! I was imagining myself laying there with my boys. I know there would have been some silent tears running down my cheeks. I love hearing about P's adventures! What a lucky boy to have you as his Mama, and what a lucky Mama you are to have such a sweet spirited little(big!) guy. Amie