Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Final Bits of Florida

Just a couple of snaps from the camera phone to finish documenting P's trip (heaven forbid my photo-snobbery deprive the child of his properly prepared journal :)

P, watching Gramps win a polo game from the hood of Grams' car.



And here he is, picking the millionth grapefruit from Grams' fabulously productive tree. After repeatedly trying mine at breakfast (mom, dad and I had to average about 2 a day to keep up with P's picking habits;) and declaring them too "sour," P thought of yet Another reason to pick Another grapefruit. "I bet they are sweeter if they are just picked." So we went to the tree for the experiment, and ya know what? It was the sweetest, most vibrant grapefruit I have ever had in my life. Guess fresh really is best :)



P, at his post. Half of his vacation was spent on this sandy road, digging. Here, he is accompanied by the bamboo stick, with which he was quite smitten...

No comments: