Friday, January 25, 2013

Holidays 2012

I'm going to super-sum, as I'm falling too far behind (as just pointed out by my father, thanks, daddy.)

The holidays were supreme this year. LOVE. E, who has had little vacay time the last couple years due to moving and baby birthing, had a some half days to spare at the end of the year and I talked him into using them :). Having him around is sooo lovely. We get much less done, his "vacay mindset" infecting us all (me), so it amounted to a great staycation full of... not much but happiness.

We lit fires, had the fam up for hot cocoa and cookies, ate late lunches while Z zonked (and P positively glowed getting the two of us to himself.)

Xmas was really sweet, too. It felt, well, just More, having two kids. More exciting, more special, even though it was a chill and small Christmas. Don't know why, it just did. P had very low expectations and was pretty pleased when he saw more than the two packages he'd been planning for under the ficus tree. Not many more, but every one counts ;). Santa brought the kids a freaking bouncy house - crazy jolly man.

(Sidestory there: we ordered it in Kansas, after wistfully thinking how great a trampoline would be to get the kids' energy out. Alas, our yard size and climate say no to a tramp. But a bouncy house... Anyhoo, deep sleep deprivation had hit a couple weeks later when we hit home. Opening the packages Seth and Alicia had accepted for us I came across a weird bright orange blower. Wha? P watched me wonder, watched me call Superman over to wonder, watched as we pulled up the blower to discover brightly sewn panels below, watched a I smacked my head, putting it all together. In other words, he watched as I opened his UPS delivered Santa gift. Interestingly enough? Hardly any chatter about it Xmas morning. A simple, that's from Santa sufficed. Either he's so onto us he's over it or he just wanted to believe this year ;)

Whatever the story, the bouncy house was declared the Best Christmas gift of all time :). And, since Z's needs are few with all of the Little Man's hand me downs floating about, it was nice she had something to get all happy about, too. We had a big family breakfast and then Alicia and fam brought dinner up that evening. I absolutely, positively LOVE having family here. Right here. Love.

Such a simplified tale, leaving out all of the special details and cute kid quotes. Sigh. I'll get caught up and keep up... Promise, daddy :)



















No comments: