Monday, January 24, 2011

Funny Faces, minus a tooth.




Its the beginning of the end...  He's lost his first baby tooth!  It was loose for about a week and he worked it pretty regularly.  Then, as I brushed my teeth and E laid in bed, the child pulled it, all by himself, sitting in his little studio.  After proudly showing us both, he declared that he didn't want it to go to the Tooth Fairy.  He wanted to keep it.  Apparently, he built a house for it.  I haven't seen this special abode, but I've heard him tell his grandparents this ;)  Hopefully, it won't pop up somewhere too unexpected when I'm cleaning...


The shape of his mouth isn't the only thing aging these days.  The words coming out of it seem to be, too.  We went for tea last week while he played with Tom (his sweet little 13 year old friend next door, a gem of a baby sitter).  As E saw Tom out, the cute kid reported that the Little Man had uttered "shit" when he dropped something....

We hadn't thought to tell him that this isn't normal kid fare :)  He says it regularly and we hadn't really thought much of it.  So we had to share the culture's general guidelines with the kid before bed that night ;)  He, of course, thought it sounded like a silly double standard, but seemed interested in keeping the general peace.  I guess we'll see...

And then, this morning, as I flipped pancakes I heard him exclaim, "For God Pete's loving sakeness!"  Hehehe.  Didn't quite get those two right, but I really, really enjoyed them as a combo....

1 comment:

Jodi said...

giggle! love it. gonna start using the For God Pete's loving sakeness.......good stuff!! xox