Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Bad news...

I was in a deeeeeep sleep, early this morning, when I felt P's little finger tapping me.  And his voice saying something.  Its too early for him to tap me.  What is he saying?  Can I just "mmhmm" and zonk again, or will this require a real response....  Shoot, wake up enough to listen, woman.  Nah, I bet its a dream, I bet I can just mmhmm...  Slipping back to sleep now...  Wait, does he sound muffled?  He sounds kinda muffled...

"Mama, Mama.  I have some really bad news...." (Ahh, probably a bad dream, just mmhmm and pat him.  Hand starts reaching...) "I think I'm going to throw up...."

D'oh!  Eyes peeling open, child in focus, his hands grasped over his little mouth, (I thought he sounded muffled), his eyes Very Wide...  Must prepare a response and

BLECH.  Right on me.

Yup.  He was right.  He had to throw up.

But his little pre-puke speech had me grinning all the upchuck long day :)

1 comment:

A said...

Omigosh!! POOOOOOR KID! Hope he's feeling better soon and that it's not passed around to anyone else!