Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Busy!


We have been so busy.... doing what??? Some days the whole day is gone and I wonder where its gone to - cuz we didn't get to half of the Little Man's morning plans! Then, I'm behind in everything, so the after bedtime time is getting chewed up by catch-up work; soaking grains and beans, fixing the ferments, laundry, homeschool prep-work, cleaning and then, eventually, a bit of sleep ;) I get my news updates over people's shoulders on the subway these days, since I haven't had time to glance at the headlines this month... So, if you're annoyed by that weirdo lurking on the F train... give the girl a little pity and hold your newspaper nice and still...

Just a quick pic (I haven't even been taking my camera with me lately - this spring weather is a Bag Killer. On top of the regular water, snacks and books, the hats and coats must be schlepped when we leave (so they can be used on chilly walks home) and the umbrellas are always included these days - for the ominous looking clouds. Honestly, I'm ready for solid summer - give me hot and humid, all dependable day ;)

Despite the griping (honestly, I didn't mean to do that!;), P's enjoying the Thursday meet-ups in the park. He's "excavating" around a fallen tree with a few pals. Last week we dug holes and then P created an "adobe" making enterprise. The mudballs were placed in a sun-oven to bake, to build the house in the woods the child is fully planning on creating. As if we didn't have a hard enough time keeping our wild child in the city, then we had to go and read him "Little house in the Big Woods" (and now its sequel - on the prairie)??? And now the child chats about his future log cabin, daily.... Oh, the guilt of parenting, is there no end? (Last undeserved pity point tonight, promise;)

No comments: